Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Godzilla Review


Hello!

I hope you're having a good week! I recently went to see the new Godzilla film, so here's what I made of it!

So in this Godzilla film, the famous monster is pitted against two MUTOs (Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organisms). The film follows Joe Brody (Bryan Cranston) and his son Ford (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) as the human race try to make sense of what is happening.

I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about going to see this film, I thought it was going to be too loud and action films don't really interest me. However I was completely drawn into the story and found myself really getting into the experience (I'm pretty sure I punched the air at some point!). I thought the effects were amazing especially all the monster noises! The beginning of the film was a tad tedious, where they don't know what's causing all the nuclear disruption and meltdowns. You know it's obviously a monster from the trailer so the panic and confusion is a little annoying, especially as that part went on for too long. However there was some amazing acting from Bryan Cranston in the beginning, you truly felt all his anguish, pain and desperation. Elizabeth Olsen also gave a heartbreaking performance as Ford's wife, Elle.The balance between the human and monster storylines was perfect.

As the film picked up, some great sequences followed, my personal favourites was when the soldiers parachuted down into the dark city (as seen in the poster below) and when they were trapped on the bridge, while the MUTO passed by. The whole film looked spectacular, a cinematic masterpiece. The first thing I said after leaving the cinema was "that was EPIC". It's really ambitious to try and make a film of this size and they totally pulled it off!


I really enjoyed this film, I highly recommend going to see it!

Follow me on Twitter (@hattiehumbug) and on Bloglovin!

See you soon lovelies!

Hattie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!