Thursday, 8 May 2014

Love Letters To The Dead

Hello!
Here's a review on a book I read the other day!

Love Letters To The Dead - Ava Dellaira
 Laurel is a high school freshman trying to make friends and get through school. Her English teacher sets an assignment to write a letter to a dead person, Laurel really takes this to heart! The book is her story through the countless letters she writes, to people like Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain and Amelia Earheart . Her parents are divorced and her sister May died tragically. The story follows her life as she deals with what's happened and changing.

I absolutely loved this book! I love the format, the characters, everything about it! At first I wasn't sure about Natalie and Hannah, I didn't trust them to lead Laurel down the right path, but as it went on I warmed to them. The book was dark at times, funny and thoughtful. Laurel was a great narrator, she kept the audience in suspense, with just the right amount of personal struggle and naivety to make an interesting read. It's a wonderful book, I recommend it if you like things like Sarah Dessen books and Perks of Being a Wallflower.
I give this book a rating of 9/10!

See you soon!

Hattie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!