Saturday, 10 May 2014

Top 3 Summer Reads!

Hello!

So Summer is approaching, slowly and nervously but nevertheless approaching! Just sit back for a minute and daydream about those lazy hazy summer days, maybe you're sitting by a pool, drink in hand or having a picnic in the park in that perfect sundress or perhaps more realistically you are sitting at home wondering when it's going to stop raining? Whatever you plan on doing this summer, a great book is the perfect companion! Here are my recommendations on what to read this summer! Hopefully this will be a series, as I have a lot of fab books to recommend to you!

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
I read this book while on holiday back in Easter and completely fell in love with Rainbow Rowell's writing. Her characters are so lovable and genuine. I think that's why her and John Green are so popular because they write storylines that are relatable and real. That's what makes modern teen books so special, unlike books like the Hunger Games and Divergent, the characters are actually like you, in situations similar to you. Cath is a girl just like us and you root for her like a friend. My favourite parts of the book were definitely the parts with Levi, I just wish all guys were like him. It's a happy book, not much drama or suspense, just a whole lot of heart and warmth.

Eleanor and Park - Rainbow Rowell
Click here to read the blurb
I love this book for all the reasons I love Fangirl, the characters are genuine, the storyline is believable the whole thing screams "I'M JUST LIKE YOU!" More drama and emotion in this one than Fangirl, the backdrop is more gritty. It is a love story, but doesn't fall into the conventional stereotypes we are used to seeing in teen love stories! It's an amazing book for this summer.

Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
Click here to read the blurb
This is a really thoughtful book, the concept really interested me and it actually inspired me! The thing that really grabbed me about this book was the journey Sam goes on, each day she has learned something. I thought it was going to be a bit fluffy but I was gripped the whole way through! This book was sad, heart-warming and uplifting.

I've worked out a schedule to blog on, you will (hopefully) get a new post every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday!

See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!