Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Cornbury Festival


Hello!
Last weekend I went to Cornbury Festival. The weather was lovely apart from a little rain on Friday. I had such a great weekend I thought I'd share some of my highlights with you! 

On Friday I saw The Feeling, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Arrested Development and Jools Holland! I was surprised at how many of the songs I knew, particularly with Sophie Ellis Bextor. Arrested Development put on a really fun show and had the crowd dancing and singing throughout. Jools Holland was fabulous as always, his band was ridiculously talented especially the drummer, nicknamed the nuclear reactor! Mel C also made an appearance with Jools and the band. It really set the mood for the weekend.


Saturday was undoubtably amazing! I saw Nina Nesbitt one of my favourite artists right now! I listen to Peroxide all the time so I had a great time singing all the words. She is amazing live and so lovely. She hopped off the stage during Stay Out and hugged me and some other girls as we were at the front! Nina is so talented and gorgeous; seeing her just made my weekend! Also playing Saturday were Scouting For Girls and Simple Minds. This is the second time I've seen both of these bands and I'm seeing Simple Minds for the third time at CarFest later this summer. Scouting For Girls were awesome as always with their hits like She's So Lovely and This Ain't A Love Song. Despite seeing Simple Minds before I only really knew Don't You Forget About Me. I think their hits were a little before my time! They were amazing nevertheless and made Saturday unforgettable. 



Sunday was the last day which saw 10cc, Gipsy Kings, Sam Bailey and Luke Friend take to the stage. I don't know 10cc or Gipsy Kings very well but both were very impressive. I didn't really see much of Luke or Sam but what I did hear sounded great. I don't tend to watch much X Factor, I'm a Strictly girl! We spent most of the day going round the vast number of stalls they had, mainly selling thread bracelets and flower crowns (obviously I had to buy both!).


The festival was awesome, I enjoyed every bit of it!

See you soon!

Hattie 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!