Saturday, 12 July 2014

My Summer Playlist

Hello!

So I've seen lots of "Summer Essentials" posts around the blogosphere and I thought I'd make a series out of it. So for the next few weeks I'll be posting about everything I think makes a great summer. My first essential is an awesome summer playlist. I love using Spotify to listen to all my favourite summer tunes. Here's my summer playlist.

1. Long Way Home - 5 Seconds of Summer
This is one of the tracks from their debut album and one of my favourites. I actually bought tickets to see them next summer so I am super excited as they are my favourite band. "Long Way Home" is a song about making the most of your time with loved ones. It's an anthem to blast and sing at the top of your lungs with your friends. 

2. Don't - Ed Sheeran
This is one of the tracks off his new album "X". The new album is awesome and perfect for long car journeys. I like "Don't" because it's seriously catchy!

3. Chandelier - Sia
This song is really popular right now, I've seen so many people rave about it but I only just listened to it the other day. I wasn't sure at first, it sounded like any old Rihanna song but now I love it. Sia's range is just incredible especially in the chorus. I love this song so much, I want everyone to hear it!
.
4. Budapest - George Ezra
I think Budapest is my favourite song from my playlist at the moment. George Ezra has a beautiful low voice and his debut album is just wonderful. More people should hear more of his music, he's definitely a rising star! Budapest has all the components of a great summer tune and will probably on repeat all summer!

5. Classic - MKTO
I've actually loved this song for a few monthes but it seems to be only just becoming popular in the UK. It's catchy and upbeat, perfect for summer! It also references "classic" stars like Michael Jackson, Audrey Hepburn and Frank Sinatra.

6. The Hardest Part - Nina Nesbitt
This one is a ballad and not as upbeat and happy as the other but a great song nevertheless. Nina Nesbitt is one of my favourite artists right now and her album "Peroxide" is flawless. It's a heartbreaking song but listening to it always relaxes me. Please go listen to Nina's album, my other favourites include "Stay Out" and "Some You Win".

7. Into The Wild - Lewis Watson
I discovered Lewis through my best friend Evie who is always raving about him. He has a beautiful tone to his voice and the melodies are amazing. He's just released his debut album and I'll definitely be looking out for more music from him in the future!

8. Heartbreak Dream - Betty Who
I really like this song as it never fails to get me in that summery mood. It's upbeat and great for chilling out this summer. I also love "Somebody Loves You" from Betty.

See you soon!

Hattie xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love both Ed Sheeran and Sia's songs a LOT! Great summer tunes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just checked out your blog and I love it! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this!
    Don't is one of my faves from Ed's new album and The Hardest Part is one of my faves from Nina's too! Oh, and who doesn't love Lewis Watson?!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks! I love your blog btw, just followed :)

      Delete
  3. May have just had a quick browse through your blog and stumbled upon this beauty of a playlist! Please don't even get me started on 5sos, they make my heart flutter to epic proportions and X is such a good album! Nina and I'm a Mess are definitely some of my favourites on the album :)

    theincmpltyoungsters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I notice you don't have "summer song" by jump 5 (here's a link if you want to check it out, this group was my freakin childhood man)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVubOmyR9k8

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!