Friday, 29 August 2014

August Favourites

Hello!

Summer is drawing to a close and September is nearly here, so it's time for an August favourites post! I haven't actually done one of these since April but I'd like to start doing more of these.  September is my favourite month because all the colours in the trees start changing but it's still warm. Also it's the month of my birthday so that's probably the main reason! So let's get into the favourites!

Cleanser - Good Things Stay Clear
I was recommended this cleanser by a friend and I'm so glad I bought it. The one that I previously used was breaking me out but I didn't realise how much until it all cleared up. Since using this one my skin has been so much better and barely any breakouts. It's cheap as chips, just £4.99, and it smells delicious! Definitely worth trying for yourself!

Artist - Troye Sivan
YouTuber Troye Sivan released his EP, TRXYE this month and it has gotten rave reviews all over the internet. It includes the single, Happy Little Pill, the previously released The Fault In Our Stars (based on the book), and 3 other songs, Touch, Fun and Gasoline. Troye has a lovely tone to his voice and his songs have so much soul and emotion. Go give TRXYE a listen, you won't regret it! I also had a go making my own version of the album cover here.


 Song - Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift surprised her fans with a new single, music video and an album announcement all in one livestream! Shake It Off is so catchy and has been in my head all month. It's all about self confidence and not worrying about other people's opinions.


TV Programme - The Great British Bake Off
This show is huge in the UK, it's a baking competition judged by Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, maybe the most loved duo in Britain. It's got so much charm and occasionally news-worthy drama (but let's not get into the Baked Alaska drama llama). The presenters, Mel and Sue are so witty and there are so many baking puns hidden in the series. For an afternoon of extreme Britishness, watch this programme (best served with a slice of cake and a cuppa!)


Film - (500) Days of Summer
I recorded this while I was at Carfest and watched it recently. It was not at all what I expected but in a good way! It stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, it's a quirky little rom-com with a difference. Zooey plays Summer, a girl who doesn't believe in love and Joseph plays Tom, the boy who falls in love with her. I love how offbeat and creative it is, with little segments that set it apart from any other rom com I have seen. I probably don't make much sense but if you watch it, you'll know what I'm on about!


That's all for this month!
See you soon!


3 comments:

  1. I love this post so much! I love Trxye too and that song by Taylor Swift and I'm hooked on GBBO couldn't believe what happened to Iain's ice cream! Abi :) myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, glad you like it! I guess we have the same (great) taste! :)
      Hattie xox

      Delete
  2. I LOVE SHAKE IT OFF!!! It has such a nice message and Taylor is legendary...
    I'm posting my August faves tomorrow! I have a blog post and video coming out. I'm so excited! I still need to write the post though, haha

    Arianne | http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!