Monday, 11 August 2014

Poolside Books Part 2

Hello! 

As promised, here is the second installment of the books I read on my holiday to Tuscany!

You're The One That I Want - Giovanna Fletcher


Maddy, Robert and Ben have been best friends for years but Maddy must choose which man to spend her life with. The story recaps the trio's relationship over the years.

This is perfect for when you want a heartfelt but not too heavy book for the summer monthes. It is such a relatable and down to earth book you can't help but fall in love with all three main characters! I love it because the story spans such a long time, so you really understand their relationship and how they grow up together. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a girly, light read.

One Day - David Nicholls


Emma and Dexter meet for the first time on the night of their graduation. Tomorrow they must go their separate ways. So where will they be on this one day next year? And the year after that? And every year that follows? 

I hadn't seen the film version before reading this and truthfully was a bit apprehensive as I didn't think I would relate to the characters. However I absolutely loved this book and ended up feeling like I'd known Em and Dex my whole life! Like "You're The One That I Want" it spans many years, documenting their lives and how their paths cross. I think I would have liked it even more if I was in their generation and could fully relate to them.

Dorothy Must Die - Danielle Paige


When a tornado strikes Amy Gumm's trailer park in Kansas she is transported over the rainbow to the magical land of Oz. However, it has changed a lot since Dorothy clicked her heels and went home. Dorothy has returned and has seized power. Amy is recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked and has one mission, to kill the other Kansas girl.

This book had me intrigued right from the front cover, as an avid fan of Wicked and the film, I was interested to see what angle Danielle Paige takes on L Frank Baum's beloved story. The book certainly didn't disappoint! It had just the right blend of suspense, action and thoughtfulness. Paige nailed the pace and kept me hooked the whole way through. It manages to be an exciting book but also asks interesting questions about Good and Wicked. I really enjoyed reading this and would highly recommend it! 

See you soon!

Hattie
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful girl,I love your style totally
    Hello!My name is Janephoenix Mifo Lam,you can call me Mifo.Shall we follow each other and share beauties to each, Hope to be your friend soon Pls post more!
    I am a now blogger,No matter what you're going through, it's always better if you have people to share it with.I hope I can leave a good memory in your life,keep a happy mood

    hope you can check my blog and share our life:
    http://mingmingshuohaode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!