Sunday, 3 August 2014

Top 5 Places to Eat in Gloucestershire

Hello!
An extra little post for you today as I have a guest post from my brother, Alex!

~

This is just a one off and I wanted to try blogging out. Here are my top 5 places in no particular order. Photos not my own.

288 Bar and Wok

This is a great place to eat for Chinese food. It is really nicely set out and the benches and tables look really cool. As for the food it is amazing. The duck is my favourite, it is really tender and juicy and goes well with prawn toast and ribs. The service is also great too.


2. The Tavern

This is a place I went only quite recently and it was a brilliant restaurant. It seems to be quite busy but great when you can get a table. There are a strange array of starters including Black Pudding Tortilla and Spam Fritters and are both very nice. The spam fritters are basically deep fried slice of spam and a tasty barbeque dip. Then the main courses. I had the French Dip which was really juicy and tender as well as very sweet because of the gravy dip on the side.




3. The Colesbourne Inn

This is my local pub and does brilliant food. Here is what I would have: Cheesy Garlic Bread to start then the steak and the peppercorn sauce and finally the sticky toffee pudding I have every time I go the
re. Probably the best dessert I've ever had. The lunch menu is also delicious with a huge choice in baguette and wraps.




4. He Says She Waffles

A waffle house located in the centre of Cirencester is really unique with a huge menu of sweet and savoury waffles. It is a great place for 'brunch' as the waffles are filling as well as a tasty treat. I had the 'Smore' Waffle. It consisted of the tasty waffle, the chocolate sauce, mini marshmallows in abundance and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was a great meal and was a different experience to traditional english cafes.




5. Jolly Nice

This is a roadside cafe that serves sandwiches, buns, salad and the best bacon roll I've ever had. I went after visiting Rush Skatepark in Stroud and is a great stop for a quick meal. It is situated right by the gliding club near Stroud so you can watch them land, take off and fly around whilst you eat. It is unmissable as it is an Airstream caravan converted into a kitchen.



These are my top 5 but there are many more places to eat in Gloucestershire that offer good food.

Alex



5 comments:

  1. I have never been to Gloucestershire but just seeing these restaurants makes me want to go! I love a spam fritter and that presentation is lovely!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That waffle looks delicious!! Yum!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. the waffle place looks so good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some Raybans of your choice + a beauty goodie bag worth nearly £300 on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you from Gloucestershire?! I used to live there! I loved China chef for chinese food!

    Gemma xx
    http://touchofbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh so beautiful!Your blog is nice and interesting. I`m glad if you visit me too!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!