Sunday, 14 September 2014

Back To School Playlist

Hello!

One thing that helps me through  is music, whether I'm doing homework or waiting for the bus. I think life is more enjoyable if you have a good soundtrack so here are my current faves.


Girls Chase Boys - Ingrid Michaelson
This song is so catchy, it's a real earworm. Ingrid's voice is so effortlessly cool, I'm excited to check out her other releases!

Amnesia EP- 5SOS
The Amnesia EP has just come out and it features a brand new song, Daylight, a cover of the Green Day classic, American Idiot and a special recording of Amnesia live at Wembley. Amnesia is simply stunning and always gives me goosebumps. I really like Daylight too and I really like what they did with American Idiot.

All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor
I've been listening to this song non-stop recently. It has everything an amazing song should have, a catchy chorus, witty lyrics, brilliant vocals, a great message and bags of sass!

Black Widow -  Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora
I love Iggy's raps especially in Fancy and Problem, she continues the streak of fab singles with Black Widow. Rita Ora sounds amazing too.

Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
This collaboration is a match made in heaven, Jessie and Ari's vocals are so tight and Nicki matches them with her rap. They have enough girl power to rival the Spice Girls, I really hope they do another collaboration!

Nervous Girls - Lucy Hale
This comes from the debut album from Pretty Little Liars star, Lucy Hale, and I'm pleased to confirm she's not just another actress who thinks she can sing! Lucy has an amazing country voice and I've been loving  her whole album recently but Nervous Girls is my favourite.

If I Was There - Hayley Solano
I came across Hayley's YouTube channel a few days ago and I'm hooked on all her covers. My favourite song on her channel is If I Was There (an original song), it's so heartfelt and soulful. I've fallen in love with her pure, beautiful voice. She is a very talented young singer songwriter so you should check out her stuff!

Forbidden Broadway
I've always loved Broadway musicals and I love the latest volume of Forbidden Broadway. I'm not sure how it came about or where it is playing, but the soundtrack is comedy gold! It parodies such musicals as Matilda, Les Mis and all the Juke Box Musicals. It pokes fun at people like Cameron Mackintosh and Idina Menzel. A must-listen for all Broadway fans!



I've been listening to Bang Bang, Nervous Girls and If I Was There on YouTube as their songs aren't available on Spotify UK right now.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love your playlist! I really reallyyyyy love Amnesia!! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!