Thursday, 18 September 2014

Birthday Pizza and Film Night - Before I Go To Sleep

Hello!

This Friday is my 15th birthday! So to celebrate, me and my friends went to see Before I Go To Sleep, then to Prezzo afterwards. I loved the film so I thought I'd do a little review here!

The film is about an amnesiac called Christine who wakes up each morning thinking she is still in her early twenties when in fact she is 40. She can store information for a day but it is erased during the night. Each morning she wakes to find she has a husband, Ben,  who patiently explains everything to her. Her amnesia was caused by an attack but nobody knows who did this to her, She is also seeing a Dr Nasch, who tells her that she has been keeping a video diary without Ben's knowledge. The story follows Christine as she tries to find out who attacked her and who she can trust.


All of my friends really enjoyed the film though we weren't sure what to expect. It gripped me throughout and definitely raised my pulse. I loved all the twists and turns of the plot. Nicole Kidman gave a really strong central performance as Christine and my perception of Colin Firth has completely changed! I think Mark Strong stole the show as Dr Nasch. I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend going to see it!

Afterwards we went to Prezzo for pizza, which was delicious! My friends got me a giant cookie from Millie's Cookies that said "Hattie Birthday!" 


I had a wonderful time so thank you to my friends and family for making it so special! 



See you soon!



1 comment:

  1. Sorry if it's not but is that a new header? I love it! I saw that last week! I LOVED it! I love both Nicole and Colin but I didn't see it coming I can't believe it was actually him! Made me jump so much when he hit her!! Sounds like you had a great day! Happy (late) birthday! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!