Saturday, 27 December 2014

2014 in Review

Hello!

2014 was a pretty good year, so I wanted to share my pick of the best in 2014!

Year in Music
Several artists have released some really great albums this year, the ones that really stick in my mind are definitely 1989, x and 5 Seconds of Summer. 1989 was amazing for many reasons. It sold 1.3 million copies in the first week and redefined album sales due to her decisions to pull her music from Spotify. It's also a pretty spectacular album, all the songs could be singles! Taylor Swift also conquered the world this year, but that's a story for another time. Other notable albums are x by Ed Sheeran and 5SOS's debut album. Ed Sheeran's songwriting is so beautiful and it's very exciting to see what amazing things 5SOS have up their sleeves.

Year in Film
I haven't really had the time to go to the cinema this year, my weekends are filled with homework these days. However the films I did see were excellent. The film adaption of The Fault In Our Stars was everything I hoped it would be and I thought they did a really good job of portraying the well loved novel. Another film that did extremely well was Frozen, some hate it, I personally love it, but nobody can deny the catchiness of the songs. I think the film is hilarious and has a really warm heart. I predict it will be a winter favourite for years to come.

Year in Books
Gone Girl is the stand out book that really stuck in my mind as one of the best I've read this year. It gripped me from start to finish and really got me excited about reading after a period of not reading as much. You can read the full review here. I've also been into a lot of YA fiction this year, I finished reading all the John Green books and fell in love with Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl. YA is my favourite genre for many reasons, mostly because it's written with my generation in mind. 

Year on the Internet
Every year the internet surprises us and brings us amazing things, this year is no exception. YouTubers and bloggers capitalised and released products of their own, especially books. Those who have power on the web are now being taken seriously by the rest of the world, which is great! In significantly smaller internet news, I started this blog! I'm rather proud of it to be honest, I've thoroughly enjoyed working on it, writing posts and promoting this year. I'm so pleased to have joined this amazing blogger community too!

Year in My Life
This year I feel like I grew a lot as a person (warning, this gets a bit deep) and this blog definitely helped me with that. I got to meet new people through the blogging community and gained confidence through having my own space that was all my own work. This is the most creative and productive I've been in a long time! I'm also proud of how I've learned to stand up for what I believe in, particularly in feminism. I think it's really important to recognise your achievements but also to strive for better things, so my New Year's Resolutions are coming soon!
I've had some amazing trips, Washington DC, Austria and Florence. I've made some wonderful memories with friends and family, seeing Matilda and Little Mix. I'm so very grateful for all the fabulous opportunities I've had!
What were the highlights of your year? If you've done a similar post about your year, leave it in the comments, I'd love to read them!

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!