Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Getting A Bob: What To Know + Hair Inspiration

Lily Collins, Lucy Hale, Ashley Benson and Lauren Conrad
Hello!

In the past I've tried a few bob haircuts, in between having it long and I much prefer the short look! It's so much easier to manage and it feels like a weight off your shoulders (literally). No matter what hairstyles are in fashion, I think I'll always come back to the bob as to me they will always be timeless. Today I'm going to share with you my tips on getting one cut and how to manage them!

Firstly you should consider what will suit you! Figure out your face shape, oval, heart shaped, etc. I would recommend you look up the sort of styles you want and filter through those, picking out those with models that share your face shape. This way you'll have a much better idea of what you'll look like.

Then you should probably consider if your hair will actually turn out that way or how much styling it's going to require. My hair is thick and straight so I know that I'll never wake up with the wispy waves that Ashley Benson has. I also have pretty much no time to style so I don't assume that it's going to be easy to recreate every morning. From experience I also know that my hair curls upwards in the few weeks after the cut, because it's used to being a lot heavier. That's just me, but you should think about how your hair will behave with the cut. So I would advise finding pictures of a celebrity who fits your hair type and face shape and seeing what they have. For an even better idea of what it will look like, try finding a picture of them dressed down, going to the gym or something. That way you know they haven't had it professionally styled and you can figure out what's achievable.

Next step is to bring your chosen style to your hairdresser and get it cut! Remember to say exactly what you want, nothing "sort of" or "a bit of". Last time I got it cut I asked for "some sort of layers" not really being sure of what I wanted. I personally didn't think the layers suited me but they way I see it, it's always useful to find out what suits you and what doesn't. No matter how it turns out, remember that it's just hair and soon it will grow out! 

Here are some of my favourite bob styles for a range of different face shapes and hair types!


Emma Stone, Rose Byrne, Taylor Swift and Reese Witherspoon
I would highly recommend getting a bob, I'm going to get mine cut shorter in a few weeks, which I'm really looking forward to! If you are thinking about cutting your hair and worried about it, it's really not as bad as you may think and if you don't like yours, I promise it will grow out in no time!

My current hair
Have a wonderful week!

Hattie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!