Sunday, 1 February 2015

January Favourites

Hello!
I hope you had a good month and a great start to this new year! Personally it's been a calm month, I had a few little bursts of the January blues as I do every year but for the most of it, I was fine! It's been a month to recollect myself after Christmas and get back into the things I love, reading and writing (also Netflix to be honest!) I've been loving lot's of things recently and I thought I'd share them all with you!

Fashion: Harvard Sweatshirt
I don't think I've actually worn anything else this whole month as I just love this so much. I had my heart set on buying one of these as soon as I got to Boston. It's so cosy and comfortable!


I received these for Christmas and have just fallen in love with them. I've never really been a huge lips person but these are definitely changing my mind! They are really sheer and moisturising, great for someone who doesn't like to go all out on the lips like myself. The colours are gorgeous, with especially cute names: Woppin' Watermelon, Plushest Punch, Pudgy Peony and Grandest Grape!


Books: A Tale For The Time Being - Ruth Ozeki
This isn't the sort of book that I'd usually pick up but I really liked it! It's about a suicidal Japanese girl, Nao,  who writes in her diary about her life and her grandmother, a 104 year old Buddhist nun. This diary washes up in a Hello Kitty lunchbox on the shore of Ruth's beach home where she learns all about this girl and her life. I saw a review of this where it was referred to as "like a buffet" there are bits you like, bits you don't but overall it's more than satisfactory! I loved the spiritual side of it and the parts with her grandmother as well as just learning about Nao, I didn't really get the ending though and it left me wanting more explanation! Overall this book was a joy to read and it helped me get back into reading again.

I've seen this film twice this month and I've been listening to the soundtrack constantly! I blogged my review here.

Music: Lorde, Fall Out Boy and Haim
Seeing as I wrote this post on Lorde recently, you guys know I've been loving her album Pure Heroine. I loved it when it came out all the way back in 2013 but I've been getting back into it and pining for her to release something new! Fall Out Boy released their new album this month, American Beauty, American Psycho, which I have been loving. My favourites songs are The Kids Aren't Alright and Irresistable. Another album I've been listening to (and loving) is Haim's Days Are Gone. 

I've wanted to watch this for so long, but I couldn't find a place where I could catch up on all the episodes. Now it's on the UK Netflix and it's just as good as everyone says! It always has me on the edge of my seat and the central four performances are so strong. Also I would really like to know how all the teenagers in this show look gorgeous all the time?


App: Polyvore and Instagram
This month I've been making lots of  outfit collages on Polyvore. It's really easy to use and has hundreds of items from online shops to play around with. I really can't do art or scrapbooking so this a way that I can use all the ideas that are floating around in my head. I also recently got Instagram, which is so much fun! You can follow me at hxrriethards!


Ultimate Wishlist

Are We Out Of The Woods Yet?

Have a wonderful week!

Hattie
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!