Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Little Life Update | NYT audition + Getting a Bob

Hello!

It's been a while since we just sat and chatted, hasn't it? I think I'd like to make this blog more personal, that's what I like to read in other blogs anyway. So here's what I've been up to these past few weeks!

I got my braces off! I've had them since the start of Year 9, so that was nearly one and a half years of inconvenient eating! I've been embracing this new found freedom and joy of having straight teeth recently although at the moment I have retainers in full time until next week which is even more awkward. If any of you guys are battling orthodontic work, let me tell you that I feel ya and it will all be worth it when you have perfectly straight teeth!


I've been having these weird urges to just lop off my hair. Some girls can't stand to part with their hair but I just love making mine shorter and shorter! I wrote a post a few weeks ago about my advice on what to know before you get a bob so go check that out if you fancy a chop. I'm really happy with how mine turned out, what do you think?

On Thursday I went for an audition for the National Youth Theatre. It consisted of a workshop in the morning before a solo audition of a monologue in the afternoon. It would be amazing to get into the 2 week course in London this summer, but even some of their most successful alumni (*namedrop* Helen Mirren and Daniel Day Lewis) didn't get in until their second or third try! The whole day was a fantastic opportunity to learn from the actors who ran it and also the very talented auditionees! 

Recent Loves
Book: Why We Broke Up - Daniel Handler
Music: Charli XCX and BORNS
TV: Death In Paradise and Pretty Little Liars
People: Eddie Redmayne and Essie Button
Food: Gourmet Burger Kitchen

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with future NYT stuff! I did NYMT when I was younger and it was a brilliant experience :) the bob looks great! It really suits you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bob! Wow a long time with braces bet you're pleased they're off! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea of making the blog more personal, I love to know what people have been up to, also the bob looks lovely! Glad you had fun at the National Youth Theatre, it sounds awesome ^_^ x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah congrats on your audition! I really hope that you get in. That would be so awesome. You look gorgeous!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I glad you enjoyed your audition, I hope you get it! The new hair looks lovely, it really suits you :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new do! i also am thinking of getting a Long bob but I don't know if I'm ready to say goodbye yet hehe! Glad you had fun and enjoyed your NYT experience, best of luck!


    EricaRosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hair looks so lovely! hope you get into that theater program! it's so much fun to perform!

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m in love with your blog! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!