Saturday, 28 March 2015

Travel Tips + Essentials

Hello!

I hope you've all had a great week, mine has been very busy as I've been preparing to go skiing with my school. As you read this I'll be at the end of a 24 hour coach journey to Austria! Sounds awful doesn't it? But long haul travel doesn't have to be the worst experience of your life if you plan ahead with these handy little tips and essentials!


Food

Pack healthy snacks. I say healthy because if you're stuck in a car or plane seat for a long time, you're going to start feeling weighed down and groggy if all you've been eating is crisps and sweets. Make sure to get a filling hot meal when you can but snack on food like celery, cucumber and cereal bars in between. You'll feel so much better because of it and the smell won't  stay with you the whole journey!

Drink plenty of water. It's really important to stay hydrated throughout a long journey but be mindful of when you will be able to go to the toilet!

Bring breath mints. These are lifesavers for me on journeys, especially when you can't brush your teeth as often as you'd like! My favourites are Tic Tacs  and Smints.

Bring one or two small treats for yourself. If you aren't great with traveling it can help to reward yourself with a chocolate bar or two! Just make sure that you don't eat too much or you'll feel groggy and thirsty. A little comfort eating can calm you down too!

Entertainment 

Bring an E-Reader such as a Kindle. Long journeys are amazing to get in a lot of reading and I'll definitely be downloading a lot of books on my Kindle. It's a lot easier as you don't need to carry multiple books in your hand luggage and it also has a backlight for the evenings.

Stock up on lots to listen to. I love listening to podcasts on my phone, my favourites are Psychobabble with Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl and the Film Review one with Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo. 

Read magazines. Ever since Company went out of print I haven't really found any magazines that I love but now is the time to discover a new one!

Take the time to get to know whoever is sat by you! You might as well if you're going to be there for a long time!

Comfort

Bring your essentials in your hand luggage. This includes your hairbrush, toothpaste, moisturiser etc. I can't tell you how much better you'll feel when you brush your hair or put on some moisturiser. It's also good to have these things with you instead of in your suitcase.

Fluffy socks. Comfort first right? Especially if you're planning on sleeping, they are so cosy!

Find a way that helps you chill out. Relax your mind with breathing exercises and looking out the window at all the amazing scenery! 

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!