Sunday, 10 May 2015

Becoming a Morning Person In 5 Steps

Hello!

Everyone has those days where you don't really feel your best, you'd rather just crawl into bed and never face the world. Unfortunately, it's inevitable that you'll have to leave the safety of your house for school or work at some point and actually interact with other humans. This happens to me pretty much every day before school, however I have a few things that can make me feel like I'm ready to take on the day. I hope this might help some of you who struggle with school mornings and help you go from feeling like a sloth to Beyonce in no time!


Eat. This may seem a little simple but eating breakfast has a massive effect on my energy levels. If you eat something filling, like porridge, toast or even just a banana, you're going to feel a lot better!

Blast your favourite music. I have a few playlists to kick start my day in a good mood, my favourite is the Emergency Dance Party one, named as a reference to Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It includes 5SOS, My Chemical Romance and Haim but the best song is always Shake It Off by Taylor Swift!

Find a skincare routine that works. There's nothing that can reduce your confidence like a bad-skin day, so having a good skincare routine can have a great effect. I've struggled to find a routine that my skin likes but I've found some products that seem to be working. I've been using the Witch Exoliating Face Wash and the Garnier Fresh Essentials Day Cream, my skin has felt a lot healthier than when using my old one. I'm not sure about what effect it will have in the long run but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Put on your face for the day. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I love putting on makeup in the morning. It makes me feel more comfortable in my own skin and deals with any insecurities relating to skin! You can alter how much you put on but I usually wear:
 I also use a dark brown eyeshadow on my eyebrows but I can't remember where I got it!

Make a mental list of the things in the day that you can look forward to. I have a countdown app that I check every morning, reminding me of all the amazing things in the coming weeks, but it's also good to think about the specific day. Do you have your favourite lesson today? Why not treat yourself to a Netflix marathon after you get home? Do what you can to make the day as fun as possible so you'll look forward to it in the morning.

Are you a morning person? What do you do to wake yourself up in the morning?
Hattie xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!