Monday, 4 May 2015

Fitness : Goals, Plans and Inspiration

Hello!

Believe it or not, I have been for a run 5 out of 7 days this week. They ranged from 800m to a 30 minute session and for me, this is unheard of. I'm pretty unfit, I don't like to play sports at school (too competitive) and I have a deep emotional connection to chocolate biscuits so I'm rather proud of myself for this! The sudden change in habit is mainly down to preparing for my school sports day 1500m race. I wasn't trying to win, I wanted to build up a bit of stamina so I could finish without embarrassing myself too much! I ended up coming 6th out of 12 which is pretty amazing for me, as that means I scored points for my house that weren't just for turning up!

The crazy thing about this, is that I've actually started to enjoy bits of it, the feeling when you really get into your stride and how proud you feel after each run. This is so uncharacteristic of me but I'd really like to continue and see more results from running and general fitness. Fitness posts are some of my favourites to read so I thought I'd give the whole "healthy selves" vibe a whirl and see what becomes of it. Today I'm talking about my goals, plans and inspiration!


Goals
I would like to:
Feel stronger but hopefully a tad smaller in places.
Have more energy and not get so lethargic.
Be able to wear certain items of clothing without worrying how I look in them.
Feel more confident and happy in my skin.

Plans to achieve this
I plan on:
 Going on more runs to burn off calories. Sometimes it scares me how little exercise I do, considering the amount of unhealthy food I eat, that needs to change!
Finding cardio workouts that I enjoy. I'm going to be playing more badminton in my garden this summer because it's one of the only sports I like.
Do more workouts from the internet. For toning I go to Cassey at Blogilates because she makes amazing, fun videos focused on certain parts of your body! I also love Eva's fitness routine videos because she seems to have so much energy!
Posting more of my fitness discoveries here because I'd love to take you along on this fitness kick I'm on.
source
Inspiration
I don't have any people that I want to look like because I know that everyone's body is different. I'm mainly focused on improving my own and seeing little changes in my energy and confidence.
That being said, there are some YouTube girls who I can't help but be inspired by because they are my motivation goals. My faves are Eva and Cassey, let me know who you watch on YouTube!
I'm inspired by people sharing their own results; whenever I don't think it will be worth it, I go to this list of things that happen when you get in shape!

What inspires you to improve your fitness? I'd love to read some of your fitness/healthy eating posts so leave them below!
Hattie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!