Sunday, 17 May 2015

Headphones In, World Out | My Favourite Playlists

Hello!

Music is a pretty big part of our daily lives, particularly teenager's. It's the backing track to our thoughts, where we go to lose or find ourselves. I listen to it as I'm getting ready for school, on the bus, doing homework and reading. I love it when you find a song that seems to apply exactly to a situation you are in and those feelings that come with it. Listening to the same stuff all day would get pretty boring so I have a few different playlists for different moods and activities.


This is the one I listen to on the bus to and from school. They make me feel a lot more relaxed about going to school and good about myself (and my taste in music!) Most of these singers have really lovely tones of voices, they make a perfect mix for school.



This one is a premade playlist from Spotify, I only listen to it when I really can't be distracted, it has some beautiful instrumental tracks that somehow manage to provide a calm and focused atmosphere.

These are the one's I just love to listen to when scrolling through Twitter or blogging. It includes some of my favourite ever bands, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance. They have some amazingly written songs that bring a smile to my face whenever I listen, in particular Hallelujah by P!OTD which I have been absolutely loving recently. Brendon Urie's voice gives me goosebumps it's so brilliant!


I listen to this one when I'm reading before bed, winding down for the night. I love old school tracks like Asleep by the Smiths and Heroes by David Bowie but also modern songs like The Only Exception by Paramore. They bring the books to life, creating a magical atmosphere for immersing myself into a book.


I got the idea for this from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell as the protagonist hold an emergency dance party for herself when things make her sad. I filled mine with my favourite songs to jam out to, notably Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance and Shake It Off by Taylor Swift (I had to get a cover version though as she has taken all her music off Spotify). I won't disclose what sort of things made me feel like I needed to put it on recently but I can guarentee that an impromptu dance party will make you feel a lot better and take your mind off whatever's making you sad.


When revising I also put on a whole album as they range from 30 minutes to 1 hour so I can do a block of revision for one subject in the time it takes to listen to an entire album. My favourites for this are Danger Days by My Chemical Romance, Pure Heroine by Lorde, Days Are Gone by Haim and Handwritten by Shawn Mendes.

What playlists do you have? Who are your favourite artists at the moment?
This is actually my 100th post and I'm about to hit a year of blogging! Post on all that coming soon!
Hattie xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!