Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Life Lately #2 | Back To Blogging

Hello!

It feels so good to be back blogging after my little break! Don't get me wrong, I needed the time off to concentrate on exams but I really did miss putting up posts these past few weeks. I thought we'd have a little catch up today, it can be another Life Lately post.


I sat 13 exams in 6 days. They all went really well except Latin but it's better not to talk about that! I was very pleased with how I revised and handled them all. It's crazy to think that the next time I'll be sitting an exam it will be in my last mocks before GCSEs. I look forward to the day when I'm done with all exams, mainly because I won't have to see another invigilator again. 

The revision period is the worst part of the whole thing if you ask me. From about 2 weeks before exam week, I start feeling self-conscious about the amount of revision I do and so do those around me. The last thing we want to talk about is revision, yet it's such a constant presence in our lives that it's all we end up talking about. When the actual exams kick in though, everyone gets a lot more chilled and laid back. Now though, I almost don't know what to do with myself! 

The highlight of the past month was definitely seeing 5 Seconds of Summer at the Birmingham Barclaycard Arena with three of my best friends! I sang the lyrics until my lungs hurt, danced until my limbs ached and smiled until my lips felt numb. It was such a good night and I actually can't believe I was in the same room as my favourite band! 

I also was lucky enough to go down to London to see the Dusty Springfield musical. I wrote a review for London Theatre Direct that you can find here. I was sat on a row with Su Pollard, the flamboyant TV actress and personality from Hi-de-Hi fame. She and her mates were a little bit tipsy and rowdy to say the least, whooping and hollering at every opportunity. I got the feeling they wanted to draw more attention to themselves and their love of Dusty than to the actors. I'm not sure about whether any of this fits within appropriate theatre etiquette but luckily it didn't hinder my enjoyment of the musical!

I also went to see Elton John at Kingsholm Stadium in Gloucester. It was a lovely night, Elton was recovering from illness but it didn't seem to affect his exceptional piano and vocal skills as he belted out the classics. The only parts that put a negative spin on the evening were the awfully high pollen count which had me sneezing all through the evening and the little tantrum that he had regarding the stewards, one of which he singled out rather cruelly. He made some rather horrible comparisons that I will not be publishing here but thankfully he apologised and made up with the poor woman before continuing the show.

I've got an amazing week ahead of me, I'm seeing George Ezra, Kaiser Chiefs and Taylor Swift all in one week!I'm really looking forward to blogging lots over the summer, although I am going to China in a few weeks so that may interfere! What have you been up to recently? What are your summer plans?

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!