Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Seeing Taylor Swift, Kendall Jenner, Cara Delevigne and more | Life Lately #3

Hello! 
I'm back with another Life Lately post today as so much has been happening this week! I had it all planned for a long time and it suddenly went from being months away to excitingly soon. 

George Ezra. On Wednesday I went to see George Ezra in the Bristol Harbourside Summer Series. My family are huge fans of his so we were all so excited to see him. He played all my favourites and I think he was even better looking in real life than in pictures!
Kaiser Chiefs. On Thursday we went to Bristol Harbourside again to see Kaiser Chiefs. We've seen them before at CarFest but this time they were even better. Ricky had so much energy  (we think he was a little tipsy) and belted out all out favourite songs, The Angry Mob, Coming Home, Ruby etc. 
It was also my brother's birthday and he had an amazing time!


London. We had an inset day from school on Friday so we headed out to London by train. We spent the morning walking along the Thames in sunny Greenwich. Later on we climbed the O2 Arena on this cool trampoline type walkway that they had built all the way across. We had harnesses on and it got really windy up there when we reached the viewing platform. It was so much fun to do and the views were amazing! After that we went on the Emirates Air Line, a cable car across the Thames with amazing views of the O2 and Canary Wharf. 

London Pride. On Saturday morning, I went exploring round Oxford Street and we were lucky enough to catch the start of the London Pride celebrations. It was beautiful to see so many people coming together to celebrate who they are. It also felt pretty historic to be there the day after same-sex marriage was legalised all across America. There was rainbow confetti everywhere and it just felt really magical.

Taylor Swift. So this was obviously the highlight of my whole week life. We were very lucky to be among the first 4000 people into the Barclaycard British Summer Time event (there was a total of 65,000!) so we got these special blue wristband that allowed us into the first section of the audience, closest to the stage. The stage was incredible, there were huge oak trees on each side, it felt like something out of Disneyland. I loved watching Vance Joy because I've listened to Riptide a million times over and Ellie Goulding was brilliant. She played all the songs I love, including Starry Eyes which was the first ever song that I knew of hers. 

By the time Taylor came on, I was so pumped but I didn't really anticipate how emotional I would get! When I actually saw her right before my eyes, I completely lost my chill. I was that screaming, crying perfect storm fangirl. I had spent so many months stalking all her social media, memorising all the words and obsessing over her cats (shoutout to Meredith and Olivia). The show was a work of art, Taylor and her dancers were incredible and the whole production blew me away. I loved all her outfit changes, especially How You Get The Girl (the light up pink one). Between some songs, they played clips of Taylor's friends, like Selena Gomez, Jaime King, Haim, Karlie Kloss, Lily Aldridge, Lena Dunham and Cara Delevigne (who got a HUGE cheer). They were talking about Taylor, the importance of friendship among females and love. There was also an adorable clip of Taylor and her cats that everyone went crazy for.



I had heard rumours and Taylor had confirmed there was going to be a surprise at the concert so naturally I was expecting something pretty cool, maybe a duet with Ellie or one of her model friends might strut the catwalk? Well, we were certainly in for a treat!

 During Style Taylor brought out not one but six of her best friends! First she introduced Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner at which point I promptly died. My mum was looking confused as she didn't really know who they were until I exclaimed "Kendall is a KARDASHIAN". I couldn't believe that I was seeing both Kendall and Gigi but then Taylor introduced Serena Williams a.k.a the female World Number One in tennis and this time my mum was more excited! She looked radiant as she strutted out to give Taylor a big hug before Taylor announced the next special guests, Karlie Kloss and Martha Hunt, both hugely successful models and two of Taylor's closest friends. 




Naturally I was on a high from seeing them and was all caught up in the amazement of seeing them all. However the last special guest was the most amazing for me, it was Cara Delevigne! I love Cara so much, her personality and wacky sense of humour are infectious. She came out waving a huge Union Jack and just being utterly adorable. The whole audience was going crazy and they all looked like they were having the time of their lives too! I couldn't believe I was seeing so many of my favourite people all at once. I was most excited to see Taylor though because she really connects with me through her beautiful personality and truthful lyrics. Apparently Emma Watson and Joe Jonas were also at the concert!

I had a truly amazing week, one I will never ever forget!
How has your week been? Have you been to any concerts recently?
Hattie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!