Sunday, 5 July 2015

5 Things That Always Happen On School Trips


Hello!

Next Sunday I will be on the plane to China! I take Mandarin at school and I'm lucky enough to be going on a school trip for two whole weeks! It's going to be the longest time that I will have gone away without my family but I am so excited. I'm really lucky to have had lots of opportunities to go on school trips so I pretty much know what to expect from them. I've noticed a few things that usually happen when you go somewhere with your school.

The coach journey is the best part of the day. This only applies to day trips and it depends on the trip but I've been on plenty of trips where the journey is better than the trip itself! It's super fun because you're sat with all your friends, listening to music and eating loads of good food. Sometimes me and my friend Evie spend ages jamming out to High School Musical 1 - 3 because it's iconic okay? 

If it is summer, all the girls will show up in short shorts. The majority of them will also be sporting a crop top. Don't get me wrong, I do it too but I'm still waiting for science to figure this one out. 

The teachers are always super strict or really relaxed, there is no in between. I've been on trips where the teacher go crazy at the slightest thing like eating on the coach but I've also had teachers that have got us lost and where completely chilled about the whole thing. You can tell which one is preferable!

The two essential things that are always forgotten are a bath mat and a hairbrush. The hairbrush seems obvious but when sharing a bathroom, a bath mat or just a designated towel, is necessary otherwise the bathroom will completely flood. Believe me, I've been in enough dorm rooms to know that keeping it clean and hygienic has a huge effect on how happy everyone in the room is!

Sleeping on a coach is never painless. It's so hard to find a comfortable sleeping position without the risk of hurting your neck. There's also the awkwardness of waking up in the middle of the night and making awkward eye contact with someone who can't sleep either.

The best school trips I've ever been on have been to:
Rome (Year 8)
Austria (Ski Trip - Year 8,9 & 10) 
Drayton Manor (Year 7)
Chinatown, London (Year 8) 
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, London (Year 9) 

I've been so lucky to go everywhere I've been with school and I would highly encourage you to take all the opportunities that you can!

What school trips have you been on? Can you think of any things that I've missed? 
Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!