Monday, 2 November 2015

My Top 7 Things To Watch On Netflix | Lunchtime Lists

Hello!

It's been pretty hard to be properly looking after my blog in the past few months as I'm now in Year 11 and my mocks are getting closer. I'd love to be putting up posts regularly and actually using Twitter effectively. I've been doing my best to get a post up roughly weekly but I'd love to be able to do more. I'm writing this while on holiday to sunny Rhodes in Greece so I decided to use this time to push the amount of content on my blog by writing a week's worth of posts. 5 daily posts, all lists, published at 1:00. I'm going to call it "Lunchtime Lists" - original I know... So let's get into the first list!

Suits. As I've mentioned before, my current love has been Suits. It filled the law drama shape hole in my soul that the Good Wife left but it's somehow even better. It's sharp, exciting and the central characters are distinct and memorable. It's a really good watch, not too heavy but still seeping with tension. 

Pretty Little Liars. The first series is a little cliched but once a few bombshells have dropped it gets really good! I would highly recommend avoiding spoilers while you watch it but don't just watch it to find out who A is, the actresses who play the Liars are so talented and deserve a lot more praise than they get for their acting not just their looks.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Kimmy is a woman who has been rescued from an underground bunker and let out into the world with no knowledge past elementary school or about the modern world she now finds herself in. She has to maneuver her way through 2015 New York to find what she wants to be in her new life. This show is absolutely hilarious, the writing, the actors, everything! Tina Fey is incredible and all her work has so much energy. I love it for its wackiness and topical nature. 

Wet Hot American Summer. This parody of summer camp films basically reads like a who's who of American comedy. So many actors got their break here,Paul Rudd, Amy Poehler, Bradley Cooper, Elizabeth Banks etc. The revival series came out a few months ago and is even funnier! You can tell that everyone on the set had a ball filming it!

Blackfish. This is a documentary all about SeaWorld and the treatment of their killer whales (spoiler alert, it's not good!) I found out about this from my best friend Evie who is doing her English coursework on the subject and it's so eye opening. It does a great job of telling you about the horrors of what these creatures are capable of and the awful deaths they have caused without painting them as the enemy.

They Came Together. Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler are amazing in this parody of basically every single romantic comedy ever to exist. Everything is so hilariously over the top as they cover every single cliche with exceptional comic timing. It's a really funny watch!

Clueless. A teenage classic, Cher's style is iconic and the actual story is really fun. It lets you travel back to the 90's for a few hours!


What are your favourite things to watch? Do we share any of the same ones?



Have a wonderful day!

Hattie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!