Thursday, 31 December 2015

2015 Thoughts and Ramblings


I don't really know what to call this post. These past few days I've been itching to write a blog post about the year past, ideas keep popping into my head but I can't quite pin them down to form a full structured post. They seem to appear when I'm doing a boring bit of revision though so maybe my brain is just grasping onto whatever it can to distract me from important quantative chemistry. Anyway I'm going to just throw all these thoughts into one post and see if it makes sense!

This year has been pretty amazing for me, there's no doubt about that. I've been to China, seen my favourite artists perform, expanded my blog, made new friends (especially Jazz and everyone I've spoken to on twitter) and grown even closer to old ones (Becca, Eves and Maizey - ultimate faves). For that I am so grateful and 2015 will always stick in my memory as an incredible year, mainly because there have been so many brilliant days. 

I've changed so much this year, there are so many little details that I can pick out and say "I'm a lot better at that now". I'm going to share some of those now because I'm proud of them and they deserve to be documented!

1) My writing has improved. I've had a lot more opportunities to write reviews and still kept up this blog so I hope practice has made it a lot better. The main sign of improvement is that when someone from school says they've read a post, I don't cringe in embarrassment! (trust me that is a HUGE achievement) 

2) I am more confident in public. I have my volunteering slots at Oxfam to thank for this, who knew that speaking to strangers on the till every week would one day feel natural and comfortable for me? This is one of those milestones that make me feel like adult life won't be so hard after all ... except for the whole student debt, taxes, paying bills things... hmmm...

3) I look better. I don't mean that I'm suddenly ten times more attractive but this year I feel like I've finally got a grip on makeup, even dabbling in winged eyeliner which was a complete no-go last year. My hair is finally in a style that suits me and I think I've figured out my dress sense too. I feel like I put more effort into my appearance which really helps as I used to feel so self conscious all the time. 

I don't really have any blog goals for 2016 because I will probably just underestimate the amount of work I have to do for school. When I'm older and have more time I will definitely push myself to promote more and post more regularly. For now I'm happy slowly increasing followers and just maintaining the content that I love.

Have a wonderful 2016!
Hattie xo 

2 comments:

  1. way to go on your accomplishments! I wish you an amazing 2016!

    Arianne | Ayre

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!