Sunday, 13 December 2015

The Christmas Tag


Hello!

The lovely Sara at About Little Things tagged me to do this tag about 2 weeks ago so I'm sorry I've taken so long to get it written! It's such a cute tag, thank you so much for tagging me, you can find her post here. She's awesome and I'm convinced we look really similar so go have a nose round her blog. 

1. What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

I love the lead up to the 25th, putting up the tree, watching christmas specials of all my favourite shows, seeing beautiful displays in shops and hotels. I love those weeks just before Christmas, when the festiveness creeps into your daily life and reminds you of the happiness it brings to so many people all over the country! Don't get me wrong, the actual day is incredible but I'd have to say my favourite bit is the slow build up to Christmas Day.

2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?

Love Actually is awesome because of the phenomenal cast and Richard Curtis' brilliant writing. Bill Nighy, Keira Knightley, Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson? We're absolutely spoiled for British talent in this film. Though we'll forget about Andrew Lincoln's character because frankly its a little rude to try and woo your best friend's wife....

3. Real tree or fake tree?

We tried a real one for one year but it's just too messy for us! Fake ones are so much less stressful and look just as pretty. It's also nice that we use the same one every year and they last a long time.

4. Giving presents or receiving them?

My immediate thought was that receiving is way better but this year I have bought so many presents for other people, my gift giving skills have leveled up! It's only recently that I've really got into buying other people thoughtful presents. It makes me so happy to give someone a personal gift and see their face when they open it. I love it when someone does the same for me too! 

5. Do you open your presents Christmas morning or evening?

Morning! Always done it that way and it makes Christmas Eve even more exciting.

6. What tops your tree?

An angel, with a gold star sitting a little way down.

7. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?

I think everyone went through that phase where they really wanted a horse for Christmas. I didn't even like horses that much but I still wanted one because I read one book where a girl got a pony for Christmas and had amazing adventures with it!

8. Handmade Christmas cards or bought?

I think I'll get into Christmas cards much more when I'm older but I like the cute cards from online shops like thatlamecompany and Sighh. They are really unique and artsy so they look more personal but you don't have to fuss with glitter making your own!

9. What's your favourite Christmas food?

Pigs in blankets all the way. It's not Christmas without them and there's usually a fight over them at the dinner table! Also Terry's Chocolate Oranges are very christmassy to me and they are just the best food ever. 

10. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

It's not a strict tradition but its always nice to get a take away with the family. Usually there's a Christmas film on so we'll curl up and watch that too!

I would like to tag:
Aisling @ Aisling's Beauty Bytes
Daisy @ Prompts By Dee
Amie @ The Curvaceous Vegan

Also anyone reading this! Make sure you send me a link of your posts as I'd love to read them!

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo



1 comment:

  1. Aww thank you so much for the sweet words, I think you're pretty awesome too! :) thanks for doing the tag. I loved reading your answers x Hope you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!