Sunday, 6 March 2016

Prom Wishlist

I know it's really early but I've already started to get excited about prom. Sure, it's probably overrated and a little bit cheesy but who doesn't want their fairytale night of getting dolled up like a princess and dancing with your best friends? Prom is currently my motivation to get through the rest of Year 11 and serves as excellent day-dream material. I'm currently planning on getting the gorgeous dusty pink dress from Missguided but a lot of my friends are finding that their dresses are arriving looking very different to the picture on the website so we'll see... I haven't done any proper style posts for the longest time which is strange seeing as I love making these collages and they are some of my favourites to read on other blogs. 

Here are a selection of some dresses that made my heart flutter plus some little extras...


Clockwise from top left: Kimono Dress, Embellished Heels, Tutu Dress, MAC Among The Fireflies, Tie-back Maxi Dress, Gladiator Heels, Bralet Dress, Charlotte Tilbury Bond Girl

I tried to include a variety of different prices, from £65 - £15 because after all it is only one night and you might want to go all out or just a little bit fancier than normal. For me, I'm looking to get my hands on a gorgeous dress and a pair shoes, but not to go crazy on my hair or makeup. I'll be happy no matter what dress I end up wearing, just as long as I feel like a princess!

In the end, Prom is about more than just a fun night out, it's the end of exams and the end of 5 years in one year. We're a pretty small year group compared to other schools which makes it even more weird that next year we'll have a bunch of unfamiliar faces in Year 12. The year is definitely ready for a change, its that time of year where everyone is a bit tense due to lots of different stresses but it will still be sad to see some people go and for the year to be different. Despite differences in opinion as to how prom will actually be organised within the committee, venue, seating arrangements etc (If you know me from school you'll understand this) I'm just grateful to have it at all!

If you're in Year 11 right now, I love you and wish you all the luck in your exams! If you're older, then I'd love to hear about your prom experience or your opinions on proms! I'm always around on Twitter @hattiehards if you want to chat!

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo


Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin Facebook


2 comments:

  1. Hey Harriet :) the pink dress is completely gorgeous I can't wait to see you in it and to take lots of silly photos at prom! It's going to be a night...to remember xxxx love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful dresses! I absolutely love that dusty pink dress :) I hope you'll have an amazing prom & make some good memories x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!