Saturday, 23 April 2016

Chocolate | Beauty

Makeup Revolution and Lush
Yep, you didn't read the title wrong, this is a beauty post! I've always wanted to do more of them on here but I've never had any products that I liked enough to write about. However, recently I treated myself to a new face mask and eyeshadow palette. I was really drawn to these items because they are both inspired by the best food in the entire world, chocolate.


Too Faced Dupe

I Heart Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette - Makeup Revolution. I'm a big fan of this brand at the moment, they do a lot of really good quality dupes and I'd love to try their blush palettes and baked highlighters. Recently I was looking through the Too-Faced instagram and I kind of fell in love with their Chocolate Bar palette! After discovering that it was £39, I went on a hunt for an accurate dupe and found this Makeup Revolution one pretty quickly. All the colours are pretty much the same and they're arranged in almost exactly the same way. You can always count on Makeup Rev for dupes of coveted products like the Naked palettes.

I really love the colours in this palette, the mix of matte and shimmery shades is great and there isn't a single one I would struggle to wear for any occasion. I wish it was more pigmented as it can be quite hard to build up the colour, mainly on the darker, shimmery shades. Stolen Chocolate is the perfect shade for my brows, as I have very dark hair, so I've been using this palette every single day. I also love the shades More (my fave, a shimmery champagne colour), Chocolate Love and Endorphins Ready. I wasn't convinced by this palette to start with but its won me over and its a brilliant dupe for the Too-Faced one.


Lush Haul

Cupcake Face Mask - Lush. I picked this one up because it is specifically designed for teenage skin i.e. good for sensitive skin and gets rid of the oil that causes acne. It also smells incredible. I've been using it weekly for about three weeks and it makes my skin feel so healthy and hydrated. I love using Lush products because of their amazing reputation and how fresh they all are, so fresh that I have to warn my family that it is not food at risk of someone thinking that it's Nutella or something. This is a lovely product and I'm pretty sure I'll be repurchasing when it eventually runs out. 

What products have you been loving recently? 

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo


Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Facebook

2 comments:

  1. lovely post!!
    xoxo,letsjusttalkabouteverything.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the fact that brands have interpreted chocolate into their beuaty products. There are so many reviews and rave over the Chocolate Bar Palette by Two Faced, which all seem to be pretty good. So happy you've found a dupe! Also, I've always found myself repurchasing the Lush face mask! So good! xx

    http://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!