Saturday, 9 April 2016

Theatre Bucket List

Top West End Shows

I am a huge theatre nerd. I can pinpoint stages of my life by which show I was obsessed with at the time and I have been very lucky to see a bit more than my fair share of shows in my time. I blog for London Theatre Direct (x), one of the best ticket companies for West End shows, and they very kindly give me tickets to see some great shows, which I then review on their website (you can find all my posts on my Other Work tab or here. I'd love to write more theatre-based posts on here as well, seeing as it forms such a large part of my life. One day I hope to tick off all these, though I think some of them are a tad ambitious considering I don't have the money to be spending over £200 on tickets *cough* Hamilton... 

See Hamilton. Ideally it would be with the current cast in Broadway but I am currently without a fairy-godmother so it might be a bit of a stretch. It would be incredible to see Lin, Phillippa, Renee, Jazz, Daveed and *Groffsauce* as I'm a little bit obsessed with all of them, especially in the Ham4Ham videos on YouTube (x). I'm headed to New York this summer and hope to take part in the lottery for $10 tickets so pray for me everyone! 


Go to Stage Door. My best friend Evie has been to the stage door of Les Mis twice and met Carrie Hope Fletcher when she was still playing Eponine but every time I've seen a show, there's been a train that I need to catch or it's been very cold and dark. Maybe one day in the summer I'll stick around to see the cast but to be honest I usually lack the motivation to wait. 

See a Shakespearean play with a really famous actor in it. I'd definitely go to see any Shakespeare plays regardless of the starry cast but I've always wanted tickets to those big, hyped productions. Productions like Benedict Cumberbatch as Hamlet, Tom Hiddleston as Coriolanus and David Tennant and Catherine Tate in Much Ado About Nothing (although I managed to watch that one online) would have been incredible to see live. I'm waiting for a really amazing one to be announced and then I'll definitely be trying my hardest to get tickets. 

Top West End Shows
Go to the National Theatre. My mum and I try to go to see the NT Live performances streamed to cinemas quite often and I think it's an incredible idea but one day I'd love to actually go to the National Theatre.

See Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I feel like this is going to be one of those shows that blows up and tickets are impossible to get but I'm really excited to get my hands on the script which comes out this summer. An extension of the Harry Potter story in play-form? I can't believe it's an actual thing when it feels like a combination of my favourite things in the world.
Top West End Shows

What shows do you have on your bucket list? Have you seen any of the ones I've mentioned? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

If you liked this post you might like these ones ...
Life Lately: Nell Gwynn + Competing in a National Mandarin Competition
3 Unexpected Things That Have Shaped My Life So Far

4 comments:

  1. OMG Harry Potter!!Yess!!Totally agree :)
    xoxo,letsjusttalkabouteverything.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting and I can't wait to see how they are staging it :D
      Thank you!
      Hattie xo

      Delete
  2. I'm desperate to see Hamilton too. Thank goodness the transfer has been confirmed!!! I used to go to the stage door a lot but not so much anymore. And oh my gosh I'm so looking forward to Harry Potter. I've got tickets for New Year's Day 2017! D:

    Always love reading other people's theatre blogging works.

    Charlotte xx
    www.talkstageytome.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that you've got tickets! I am insanely jealous ;) Hamilton is going to take London by storm I'm sure.
      Thank you for commenting!
      Hattie xo

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!