Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Two Years of Blogging

Blog Anniversary

Today marks two years since I put up my first post here on Hattie Hards ....what?! ... Two whole years? It's really hard to believe that I've been posting on here since I was 14 and people actually still come here to read things that I've written. I wish I had some of those cool silver 2-shaped balloons that so many bloggers seem to find but I kind of forgot about this until the weekend before... My lack of celebration to mark this milestone doesn't mean that this isn't a huge deal to me, it feels like just yesterday that I was trying to figure out how the hell this all works!

Me and my friends joke about how cool blogs are and my twitter being full of "have you seen my latest post???" but I wouldn't change a single thing about blogging. I've learned that I don't need to worry about my presence on the internet fitting into any mould. Is my social media that of a typical teen girl? No. Is it that of a conventional lifestyle blogger? Nope. Do I need to worry about people not liking what I tweet because I flit between tweeting about relatable school stuff and promoting my posts? Not a chance.

Lets be honest, I don't think I've ever followed a set pattern on this blog, partly because my brain is too chaotic for that but also because I love trying out new ideas and styles of blogging. My last post for instance was lovely to write because I never usually feature beauty on here, I also hope to do some more travel related posts in the summer when I go to Crete and New York. 

To mark this occasion, I thought I'd take a look back to some of my favourite posts, the ones that I'm most proud of ...

I won't lie to you, I can't bear to go back and read most of the early posts, they are far too cringey for my taste so these are all from the past year or so.

14 Thoughts You Have While Revising - I thought I was pretty damn hilarious writing this post and it's still one of my faves. A trend throughout the best posts is that they were all really fun to write too. 

My Trip To China Part 1 & Part 2 - Going back, I wish I'd included all the little anecdotes and funny things that happened on this trip but its still a lovely post to read because I remember how incredibly happy I was. It's one of those posts that reminds me of a huge reason why I started, to document memories. 

A Letter To My Younger Self - I just revisited this one and it still gets me a teeny bit emotional. It's addressed to my 11 year old self, who would probably look at my life now and think "what the hell?!" in a positive (blogging) and negative (studying Mandarin) way.

A Year In Books | 2015 - Writing reviews is something I've always loved to write about on here and it was fun to revisit all my favourite books of the year. I do want to stop being afraid of being negative on this blog, I usually avoid talking about things that I didn't like and I don't want to be dishonest about anything but it's always much easier to talk about the things that I love. 

Another little note, my least favourite post that I've ever written is my most viewed one, the one where I talk about how much I love Kylie Jenner and her style. Yep, I don't really feel that way at all now but I don't want to take it down because it seems that it's amazing for SEO and all that. Just wanted to put that out there because it's completely okay to have blogging regrets!

Here's to another two years of blogging! If you have a blog, how long have you been writing on it for? What age did you start? I'm really curious so leave me a comment below!

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!