Sunday, 19 June 2016

Prom '16


How are you? I'm just getting started into my post-exams extended summer holiday and I'm determined to get as many blog posts up as physically possible. Last Friday was my last day of exams and in the evening we had our Year 11 prom, which I was so excited about as talked about in my Prom Wishlist post. Looking back on that post I did change my mind about what I wanted to wear etc but I stand by what I said about prom being all about dressing up fancy and having an amazing time with your friends. So let's get into the post all about my prom experience...

I chose this dress from Coast and although I never would have thought to wear a teal dress, I really fell in love with it and I feel like the green worked really nicely with my hair and skin tone. For hair I basically winged it by curling my hair with straighteners and pinning back one side so that when the curls inevitably went flat (in about 30 minutes if I'm honest) it would still look reasonably cute. 

Products used: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, Makeup Revolution I Heart Chocolate Palette in the shades Stolen Chocolate (brows), More! (eyelid crease) and Endorphins Ready! (highlighter on cheekbones and brow bone), Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara and NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Cannes. 



Okay enough of my face, let's talk about the actual evening. We went round to my friend Becca's to take pictures and just generally get excited about the night ahead. It felt really nice to just laugh with friends with no worries at all because exams were well and truly over. Then we headed over to Hatherly Manor where our actual prom was being held. We hung around taking even more pictures and then went inside to find our seats. The prom committee did an incredible job at making sure the venue was amazing so thank you to Memoona, Grace, Rosanna, Nikki, Sydney and everyone else involved if you're reading this! Dinner was lovely and we had some brilliant awards that mainly came from inside jokes among our year. We said goodbye to some of the people who we know aren't coming back to our school for 6th Form and thanked our fantastic Head of Year who has had to deal with us and all our trouble for the past 3 years. 

After that we had performances from Pat, one of the most musically talented people in our year, and Memoona, who might actually be made out of pure sunshine, you might know her from her awesome blog, Singing Sonnet and YouTube channel. Pat sang Flaws by Bastille, which he sang back in Year 8 for the talent show, and the graduation classic, Time of Your Life by Green Day, killing it on both. Memoona sang All I Want by Kodaline, bringing everyone to tears, and also Pokerface (Glee - Lea Michele and Idina Menzel version) with Heather which was also amazing. I'm pretty sure Memoona is actually one of the most talented people I know, her voice is absolutely breathtaking, plus she's also one of the nicest people that I've ever met and I know she's going to do really amazing things in her life so please have a watch of her YouTube covers and see for yourself (especially this one). I'm also going to leave the link to her post about prom here

Then it was time to dance and sing our hearts out on the dancefloor; personal faves include: One Dance (which had just hit number 1 for 10 consecutive weeks), Ignition and the Will Grigg song. It was so much fun to just have a really good time with my close friends at the end of a stressful year. 



I had an amazing time at prom and I'm so grateful to the committee that organised it! Did you have a prom? What was it like for you? Let me know down in the comments!

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin Facebook

If you liked this post you might like these ones ...
Prom Wishlist
Post GCSE Thoughts

4 comments:

  1. I loved your dress so much, and thank you so much for the kind words xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked stunning! I have my prom in a couple of weeks

    www.wheresmylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with your dress, the lace detailing is so pretty! :) I'm glad to hear you had such a good time x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post :) I bought a dress for a wedding from coast similar to this but in pink and I love it! I'm glad you enjoyed your prom x

    Beth Ellen | modedeviebel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!