Saturday, 27 August 2016

August Roundup| Life, Beauty, Music + Style


I can't believe September has crept up so fast, next week I'll be back at school and before you know we'll be well into Pumpkin Spice Latte season and buying our bodyweight in knitwear. I don't feel as if I've done a lot but at the same time I've been more busy than I anticipated to be. I'm kind of looking forward to going back to school but first I've got my New York trip to kick start the month! Without further ado, here's my August Roundup!

Life. Throughout August I was mainly working and waiting for my GCSE results. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to work this summer, I don't know what I would have done with myself otherwise and it feels good to know I can pay for driving lessons this autumn. Working also made me realise how much of a bubble we live in when we're in school, all the pointless classroom drama is so irrelevant. 

I also got my GCSE results just this week! I was so nervous and really didn't want to be disappointed with any of them but it turned out really well. I haven't put them up on any social media but I wanted to share it on here because if you're reading my blog then chances are you're going to be chill with it. I got two A's and 10 A*s! I'm so happy with that and am so glad that all my work paid off!

Beauty. I thought it was about time that I start getting my act together and getting my brows to look more polished, so I picked up the much hyped NYX Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade. I'm really liking the difference of a gel formula instead of powder or pencil and it's really easy to use with an angled brush. I'd really recommend this product, especially as it's so cheap at only £5.50. Also at NYX I bought one of their Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks in the shade 08, it was the last one of it's shade out and I think the colour's gorgeous, I have a matte lip cream from NYX in Cannes but this one's a bit longer lasting and less rosy in colour. I've also been loving the Barry M Daylight Curing Top Coat for quick drying because it makes doing my nails so much easier and I thought it was worth a mention on here. 

Style. I haven't really been wearing anything particularly interesting recently, just t-shirt and jeans most days, but I have started wearing nice earrings more often. I bought myself a pack of about 10 cool pairs from Zara in Greece, including some small hoops. I've always wanted to be cool enough to wear hoop earrings and now I actually have a pair I can't stop wearing them. 

Music. I've been really into Carly Rae Jepsen's album Emotion recently, it's a pop masterpiece and she deserves so much more attention for it. Her B side album just came out but I don't think it's released in the UK yet so I'm looking forward to listening to that through September.

Books. So this summer I had planned to read lots of classics, but that hasn't really happened as much as I wanted to. I did read Pride and Prejudice though and really loved it, Jane Austen type love stories are my guilty pleasure. I also read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and was pleasantly surprised, the plot is very fan fic-esque but the moments we get with the characters we've grown up with more than made up for it's flaws.

TV. I've recently got into Gilmore Girls as I keep seeing people talking about it on Twitter and I'm so glad I started, it's so good! It's the type of show I'd make required watching for all teenage girls.

If there's a theme to this post it's things that help me to feel like I'm doing an okay job at life, whether it's with small material things like makeup and earrings, watching a feel-good show like Gilmore Girls or filling my time with something productive. When your head gets filled with doubt, these things have helped me get back to the place where I can feel good about where I am in life. 

What things have you been loving this month? Let me know down in the comments!

Have a wonderful week!
Hattie xo 

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin Facebook

If you liked this post you might like these ones ...

Current Faves | June/July

July Roundup 

1 comment:

  1. I love NYX!! They are such good quality for drugstore products. I cant find any boots shops in the UK apart from in Birmingham and London which have an in store stand... Did you buy all your NYX stuff online?

    Congrats on your GCSE results!! They are amazing!! What a-levels are you doing? Good luck on going back to school xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! Expect a reply soon!